Raise your cups please.
This post is dedicated to those coffee lovers who want to make the switch to tea, but just can’t seem to find the best fit to satisfy those taste buds. Have no fear because I (Olive B.) was once addicted to coffee, but can now proudly say that I am addicted to tea. Yay for jumping from one addiction to another. There is way less caffeine in tea and no dehydration for me.
For those of you that don’t know a little thing or two about coffee:
- It increases adrenaline levels in your blood. Great for gym junkies.
- Can help keep you focused and alert.
- Proven to cause insomnia and restlessness if sensitive to caffeine.
- Coffee contains a lot of antioxidants.
Clearly there are way more facts about coffee (good and bad), but I decided to make the switch to tea because I noticed my body is way too sensitive to caffeine. I really enjoy the taste, so I tried everything from consuming in moderation, drinking it before a workout, and even really early in the morning to let the caffeine gradually kick in throughout the day. Nothing prevented the restlessness I experienced before falling asleep at night and I felt like my heart would beat out of my chest sometimes. Not a good time. Please comment if you ever experience the same thing. I can’t be the only one. Oh, and those asking why I haven’t tried caffeine free… I don’t think it tastes the same.
Making the switch to tea has been the greatest decision because I can now sleep at night. Can I get an Amen?? It has also helped my skin and calmed me down.
I am now obsessed with it and you should be too if you experience crashes, insomnia and restlessness. I work from home most days and I always want something to drink besides water (boring). Plus, I want something that tastes good and is easy to make.
Benefits of Tea:
- Very hydrating.
- Keeps you going throughout the day because there is still caffeine (unless drinking caffeine free), but no crash during the day.
- Way easier to make. Let’s be real…you stick a bag in some hot water. I mean, it’s really dummy proof if you ask me.
- Can help reduce stress.
- Add a little honey and your immune system will be thanking you.
Don’t get me wrong… I still enjoy a cup of coffee sometimes, but I’ve truly fallen in love with tea during the day and I now look forward to a warm cup before bed.
Favorite Teas at the moment: