Photo by Daniil Vnoutchkov
10 Romantic things to do in Las Vegas, Nevada
Valentine’s Day is here (so crazy… I feel like we just celebrated New Years) and you’re looking for romantic things to do in Las Vegas.
Some people find this day to be really sappy. While it kind of is, I really love it. Who doesn’t love a good pink and red moment with lots of roses, chocolate, stuffed bears, and Hallmark cards?! Last year I remember giving myself a full day of treating myself to whatever made me happy. It was kind of the best. If you’re absolutely dreading this day, don’t! You, by no means, have to be in a relationship to celebrate Valentine’s day. In fact, I sometimes think not having someone on this day is kind of perfect. Eat whatever you want, stay in your Pj’s, throw on that face mask that has been sitting in your medicine cabinet, and pop your favorite pizza in the oven. After you’ve stuffed your face, stuff it a little more with some chocolate covered strawberries and your favorite Ben & Jerry’s ice cream while watching a really sappy Hallmark Movie (my favorite kind of movie). Voila. The ultimate Valentine’s Day.
But… you’re probably here because you have a significant other in your life and you’re looking for something to do together in Sin City. Don’t you worry! You have come to the right place.
If you haven’t yet figured out your Valentine’s Day plans, what are you waiting for? No really. Let’s get a move on people.
These are the top 10 things to do in Vegas if you’re planning on spoiling yourself or your S/O. Get your note pad ready. JK…who uses a note pad these days?
Open your notes app on your iPhone. 🙂
Top 10 Romantic things to do in Las Vegas this Valentine’s Day.
1. Couples Massage – There are so many different spas in Vegas. Sometimes it’s hard to choose which one to go to. If you’re planning on staying on or near the strip, the Waldorf Astoria Spa is quite the retreat as well as the Spa at Encore. However, if you’re worried about the price being too high on the strip, venture off for a great couples massage at an affordable price. The Spa at Lakeside is one of my go-to places for a facial or massage. Take advantage of their great deals and book your treatment soon! They book fast.
2. Top Of The World at the STRAT – This rotating, 360-degree restaurant takes you on the most beautiful dinner view of the Las Vegas Valley. Prepare to take an elevator ride up 800 feet above the Las Vegas Strip for an amazing dinner with beautiful views. This is certainly a top 10 romantic date night idea in Las Vegas. Dinner menu items include Filet Mignon, Shrimp Scampi, and Scallops to name a few.
Arrive with an appetite.
3. Gondola Rides at the Venetian – Forget about Venice. You have the beautiful canals right here in Viva Las Vegas. If you’re planning a romantic evening, this is the activity for you. This is a perfect way to start or end your evening. Since Valentine’s day is a pretty popular day for this romantic adventure, plan ahead and book with them soon.
4. Cooking Classes with Cozymeal – Stop what you’re doing and book your class right now. They offer culinary experiences from private chefs for any occasion. Book online to find your ideal date and time. Their website allows you to see who you will be cooking with and what you will be cooking. If your S/O is a sushi lover, they’ve got you covered!
Las Vegas has quite the culinary scene so it’s no surprise that you will be cooking with top chefs in the city.
5. Go on a Hike – For my outdoorsy love birds, there is an activity for you. Las Vegas has some of the most beautiful hikes that many tourists do not know about. Lucky for you, Red Rock Canyon has some hikes that your adventurous loved one will enjoy. All hikes are listed in the visitors welcome center, but if you choose to forgo the welcome then here a few hikes for you: Ice Box Canyon, Calico Tank Trail, Lost Canyon, and Keystone Thrust. Be sure to pack enough water (you’re in the desert) and get a fun little picnic prepared to enjoy after.
6. Eiffel Tower – What’s more romantic than pretending like you are in Paris? The views from the Eiffel Tower are insane and overlook the Bellagio fountain. It is a sight to see and your partner will be on cloud 9 with this gesture. Since you are already at the Paris hotel, grab dinner at Mon Ami Gabi for the best French cuisine and end the night with the show, Sex Tips for Straight Women From a Gay Man. It’s been voted the best comedy show for couples and does not disappoint.
7. See a Show – There are so many different shows you can see on the strip so let me make it easy for you. The top two Cirque Du Soleil shows are O and Le Rêv. Both are fantastic shows that take place in water with acrobatics, fire, and different effects. Trust me when I say, worth the money!!
If you’re not into a Cirque performance then check out the Blue Man Group, Terry Fator, RuPaul’s Drag Race, or Nathan Burton Comedy Magic.
8. Food Tours – I know I have some fellow foodies lovers out there. If you’re like me and love to try new foods, take a food tour in Las Vegas. Not only is this the best way to get to know the city, but it’s also one of the best ways to try new foods. THIS 3 hour Las Vegas food tour gives great insight into local food, history, and culture. Included in the tour is food, wine, and a private guide to help you experience world-class cuisine from celebrity chefs.
9. Helicopter Ride above the city lights – For just $89 you can take a helicopter ride at night to view the beautiful city lights of the Las Vegas strip. This ride gives you the best views of the Bellagio Fountain, the Luxor laser beam, and the High Roller. Visit getyourguide.com to book your flight. Bring your camera because this is a sight you will want to remember forever.
10. Explore the Art’s District – Downtown Las Vegas has undergone a major facelift in the past few years. Every time I visit I notice how nice it is getting. There are amazing bars, restaurants, art, and shopping. The streets light up at night and transform into a great date night area. Everything is walkable, much like the strip, and there is something to do around every corner. Great places to stop at are Velveteen Rabbit, ReBar, Esther’s Kitchen, and Jammyland.